Dale Automation Robotic Gantry Pick and Place Pan Stacking System.
Dale Automation now have numerous successful installations of robot controlled, gantry style pan stacking units. These storage cells are capable of holding up to three different pan types.
Used for loading and offloading rows of pans from the system. Pans enter and leave the storage cell on a conveyor where the gantry, basically an overhead crane type arrangement will either remove pans from the conveyor and stack them on the floor, or will collect tins from the floor and place them on the conveyor. The number of tins in each row depends on the size of the strap as well as the throughput of the plant, but in most cases are either 8 or 10. For installations where more than one pan set is to be stored, two conveyors run through the store. One conveyor is dedicated to taking pans into the storage cell, whilst the other diverts pans from the cell to the pan conveyor system. On these systems, a pneumatically operated lift and lower device with side activated storage shelve is fitted. In all cases, the gantry head is fitted either with pneumatically operated grippers or magnets.
The system comprises the following equipment:
- Single X-Axis (long travel). Length dependant on plant rate.
- Double Z-Axis (vertical travel). Height dependant on plant rate.
- Automatic slide and rack and pinion lubricators.
- Individual grippers for each pan either mechanical or magnetic.
- Overtravell safety limit switches.
- One or two storage cell conveyors with pneumatic lift and lower device and side activated storage shelves.
- Each conveyor section with inverter controlled, shaft mounted motor/gearbox combination with locally mounted motor isolator.
- Safety cell fencing with interlocked access gates.
- Robot controller with touch screen pendant station.
Benefits of Automatic Tin Storage Systems.
- High accuracy 0.02mm repeatability.
- Eliminates the dangers associated with dropping heavy pans.
- Pans life increased due to no man handling. In many cases, more than doubled.
- Smoother and quieter than manual stacking.
- Fully automated pan type change overs.